Here is a cute quick gift you can stitch up in multiples for holiday party favors, stocking stuffers or just a little something for someone special. I used holiday and Christmas fabric but you could tailor them for boys or girls with masculine prints, sporty fabric or another cute novelty print. There is really very little sewing so it is perfect for a beginning stitcher. It doesn’t take much fabric either, so use up some of your scraps or stash.
- Fabric Scraps in coordinating colors (fat quarters are more than enough)
- Coordinating thread
- Mini Tissue packages
- Cut 1 — 4″ x 5 3/4″ rectangle
- Cut 2— 4″ x 4″ squares
- Cut 2 — 4″ x 5 3/4″ rectangle
- Iron the two solid squares and the two print rectangles in half the long way, wrong sides together.
- Layer the first print piece over the solid rectangle piece, right sides together. The fold should be facing the center and the raw edges should be aligned with the solid rectangle.
- Next, layer the solid piece on the end with the fold facing the center and the raw edges aligned with the solid rectangle.
- Continuing to work clockwise, layer the other printed piece on the solid rectangle laying on top of the previous piece and with the raw edges aligned to the bottom rectangle.
- Layer the final solid square and the end with the fold facing the center. Lift up the other print piece and tuck it under aligning the raw edges with the bottom rectangle.
- The pieces will look like this all layered together. Pin the layers together.
- Stitch around the entire outside of the cover with a 1/4″ seam.
- Clip the corners and turn it right side out.
- Take one of the mini tissue packs. I just snip the upper plastic package down the middle so you can get to the tissues. You can maybe just open them and put the little sticky closer out of the way too.
- Tuck it into the little cover.
- Now you have a cute small tissue cover to tuck in your bag, purse or car.