Well my sweeties, here is the next block in my Grandma Town BOM series – some lovely sweet hearts to share some love and joy this month. These are made from one basic small heart block and combined together to create multiple sweet hearts in three rows. You will need two of these multiple sweet hearts blocks. These hearts represent that wonderful, big hearted, unconditional and never ending love from Grandma. There were a lot of grandchildren, but she had a way of making each of us feel special. She had an inner joy that made her fun to be around and a creative, clever heart as well. These beating hearts are pieced using lots of red prints to compliment each other. There are two blocks made up of eight hearts each. These hearts bookend the farm building row.
The directions for the Sweet Hearts is available FOR SALE in my Craftsy shop HERE.
Grandma Town Block of the Month
If you are new to the Grandma Town BOM, this row by row quilt was a labor of love to celebrate my Iowa roots. I spent my childhood visiting my Grandparents on their farm just west of Des Moines in Earlham, Iowa. It is especially a tribute to my dear Grandma.
When my sisters, brother and I were little and my parents would drive us to my grandparents farm, my brother would yell, “We are going to Grandma Town!”. It was a loving tribute that stuck. This little quilt is full of those reminders of the farm and of Grandma, who loved to garden and loved to cook. Each block is a sweet memory of my youth growing up on that country farm.
I hope you will find some shared love for your family, a cherished farm or your own grandma in my quilt. You can make all of these sweet blocks or pick and choose the blocks you like the most to make something special for yourself or a dear loved one.
Here is how the Block of the Month works:
- At the beginning of each month, I will release one of the block patterns in this row by row style quilt.
- You can download that pattern all month for free and then it will be added to my pattern shop for sale.
- All you need to do is come back to my blog each month to see what the new pattern is for that month, and simply download the pattern for free from my pattern store before the end of the month.
- Once the month is over, that month’s block pattern will no longer be free.
- If you miss a month or need to catch up, I will have them available for sale at my pattern shop, but if you visit regularly, you can get them ALL for free.
Don’t miss a block, sign up to follow my Blog Via Email using the entry on the sidebar or you can find me on Bloglovin. Either way, you will get the information on when the next block is available so you can get it while it is FREE.
Released Blocks – 2015